The third chapter, "The Archive of New Stories" thus consciously selects and discusses stories whose purpose are not subversive but are still transformative, providing a discussion of fan fiction as "archontic" 13 literature--that is, texts that are neither derivative nor subordinate, but rather that expand a textual world.
Reading fan fiction from this perspective allows for discussions of fan texts as literature themselves. The brief "Interlude: The Normal Discussion" is placed halfway through the text and explains the tonal and theoretical shift of the rest of the volume, which dissects ideas of the "normal" in sexuality and in teratology a word that means "the study of physiological abnormalities" but is applied here as simply "the study of monsters".
- Fanged Fan Fiction: Variations on Twilight, True Blood and The Vampire Diaries | Semantic Scholar!
- Providing Support and Supervision: An Introduction for Professionals Working with Young People;
- Oraciones para cada día: Everyday Prayers (Spiritual Refreshment for Women) (Spanish Edition);
The vampire as Other in literature generally and in the selected texts specifically is oriented to explore themes of transgression, both morally and sexually. Here and elsewhere in the book the authors draw successfully on decades of scholarship to discuss the literary vampire, especially with regard to topics of contemporary anxiety such as the sexuality of teenage girls whether aggressive or chaste and homosexual desires.
Chapter four, "Canon-Transgressive Lemony Goodness: Sexual Norms and Undead Desires," examines stories that make use of sexually explicit narratives to emphasize and explore non-heteronormative romances. While "slash" and gay romances have received a great deal of scholarly attention over the years, studies of other sexually transgressive fictions have been more sparse. An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page.
Refine your editions:
The Science Fiction and Fantasy Research Database
Twilight, True Blood and The Vampire Diaries have sparked off intense fan activity and generated a large quantity of fan fiction: stories which test the limits of an already existing fictional work and explore gaps and discrepancies within it. Working from the idea that texts constitute archives, expanded and altered by each addition, close readings of a selection of fanfics illustrate particular transformative practices in the online environment.
Complex relationships between authorial power and subversion, between mainstream messages and individual interpretations, are examined through fanfic analyses, the findings contributing to discussions about contemporary literary creativity. Hide cookies Umu. By continuing to use the website you agree to the usage of cookies.
- The Monkey and the Little Lost Puppy: & The Burglar With Very Smelly Feet: Childrens Picture Book Stories About Friendship, (Morgie and Peejs Wagging Dog Tales)?
- Doing Business in the New China: A Handbook and Guide.
- Fanged Fan Fiction - Maria Lindgren Leavenworth, Malin Isaksson - Häftad () | Bokus.
- Triggerpoint Episode Number Seven...Frightenting!.